Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Number 75 — Get a Tattoo and/or Piercing

"I want to get my nipples pierced, I saw this girl in playboy with one done and I liked it."

That's how it all started. My ex looking over some discarded playboy where a Japanese girl showed off her pierced left nipple in a side ad.

After a bit of googling, a few youtube videos, and some bmezine experience reports I decided I wanted to get mine done too. Now first issue first, we were both 15 at the time so we couldn't exactly go get it pierced profesionally. Next step, the internet!

A fairly experienced eBay user by now I was opened up to a whole new world of possibilities. Did you know there are such things as self nipple piercing kits? Well there are. $9.99 plus shipping bought me two needles, two captive ball rings, forceps, sterilization wipes, and gloves. Pretty good, huh? One week later kits in hand and we were ready to set up shop.

Now I'm not going to say we were just bouncing around ready to do this. Personally, I was scared shitless. We sat in the living room for a good 20 minutes holding ice packs to our nipples praying to god it wouldn't hurt as bad as it looked. From there a good 30 minutes was spent flipping out about how the hell to do this. Actually by the time I had actually marked the dots where I was hoping to pierce her all the numbness had completely worn off.

I then pierced hers, got the jewlery through, admired how incredibly crooked they were and relaxed for a while. Another sad attempt at trying to numb my nipples off it was my turn.

I layed down marked the entrance and exit points and sat straight up as I heard my mother come through the front door. We freaked out stashed all the stuff and quietly waited for her to come down the hallway and check in on us. She did, we said our hellos and she went back to the living room to watch some tv.

'Do you still want to do this?' she asked me.

'Yeah, why not?' is what I said, Fuck no is what I meant.

I got up blasted some Dead by My Chemical Romance and got ready for it. Now she wasn't quite as coordinated as me, no way could she hold those forceps and try to pierce me at the same time. So being the gentleman as I am a clamped down and waited for the needle.

'FUUUUUCCCCKKK!!!'

Holy shit did that hurt like a mother fucker, the tearing of the flesh, the sickening pain of the jewelery following through. It didn't help that i pinched my nipple all the harder with the forceps while I anticipated the pain to come. Haha we spent another good 15 minutes just trying to get the ball in the CBR. Once it was all done the though, I knew it was worth it. I loved my new nipple piercing.

The aftermath. The next three days even my shirt brushing my piercing to hard sent me into a torrent of pain. It sucked. I wore a fucking sports bra to bed and I still couldn't lay on my chest. It was worth it though and I knew it. Great story, great fun, and a memory I'll never forget.

Accomplished: April 15th, 2008

No comments: